SUPPLY CHAIN, PRICING, PRODUCT UPDATES:
Over the last month, lead times for most products have extended and prices have continued their assent. There are many macro-economic factors influencing these trends, too many to describe in our updates. Simply put, demand for building products, as a result of the pandemic, has far exceeded the existing capacity of the supply chain and related distribution. Our belief is that pricing will soon hit a peak, but the leading indicators don’t support this.
Until then, we are compelled to invest energy in developing our monthly update. As we’ve shared in previous editions, the purpose is to keep you informed of the many changes we are together experiencing in our supply chain. Please continue to stay in touch with your sales rep as you plan your projects.
- Gallery lead times have extended to 12 – 18 weeks.
- Omega / Dynasty lead times have extended to 12 – 14 weeks.
- Legacy lead times have extended to 5 – 6 weeks.
- Timberlake lead times have extended to 5 – 6 weeks.
- Quality Cabinets lead times have extended to 5 – 6 weeks.
- Aristokraft lead times have extended to 3 – 4 weeks
DECKING & ACCESSORIES:
- RDI Vinyl Railing has announced a 6-8% increase effective May 1st, all related to the resin issues.
- Azek/TimberTech have announced a 5-7% price increase effective May 1st.
- Reeb has announced a 5.5% increase on interior doors effective June 1st.
- Metrie has announced an 8-10% increase on primed moldings & boards, a 6-8% increase on MDF moldings and a 3-5% price increase on all solid moldings effective June 1st.
- BWI has announced a 6% price increase on interior door slabs, a 7% increase on interior prehung door units, and a 10% price increase on all exterior prehung door units effective June 2nd.
- Versatex has announced a 7% increase on PVC boards & trim effective May 1st and a 14% increase on May 14th.
WINDOWS & DOORS:
Price Increases & Lead Times:
- Ply Gem has announced a 6% price increase effective May 17th due to cost increases of PVC resin and aluminum. Ply Gem continues to have extended lead times. 1500 Series Single Hung are 30 weeks and the Pro Classic Double Hung are 8 weeks.
- Simonton has announced a 5% price increase effective on May 17th due to cost increases of PVC resin & aluminum. Simonton’s lead times are 8 weeks on new construction and 3 weeks on replacement.
- Silver Line has announced a 6% price increase on May 17th due to cost increases of PVC resin & aluminum. Silver Line lead times are 6 weeks on single hung and 2 weeks on double hung. They have also announced a Low-E LS glass discontinuation. Click HERE for additional details.
- Atrium has announced a 6% price increase effective on May 17th due to cost increases of PVC resin and aluminum. Atrium lead times are 4-8 weeks.
- 7-D Windows lead times have reduced to 3 weeks.
- Reeb has announced a 6.5% increase on Therma-Tru doors effective June 1st. Extended lead times are anticipated due to resin issues.
- BWI has announced a 10% price increase on Masonite exterior doors effective June 1st. Potential for extended lead times related to the resin issues are possible with Masonite later in the year.
- Larson Storm Doors has announced a 7% increase effective on June 1st. They are also experiencing extended lead times of 6 weeks on stock sizes and custom doors will be out 6-8 weeks.
- Wincore Windows and Doors has announced a 5-6% increase effective May 17th.
- Shuster’s Building Components has announced a 10% price increase effective June 1st on all interior & exterior doors.
Lead Times: 8-12 weeks depending on style and color selection. Special orders are out 13-18 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
Softwood lumber prices continue to be extremely high and volatile. In 2020, we faced lumber prices nearly doubling and in 2021 we have seen prices considerably higher than those previous highs. In April alone, average prices have increased 26%. Mills can sell everything they produce and demand seems to be holding steady. This has caused addition stress on suppliers, builders and our customers. If the demand for housing and remodeling continues to be strong, we will continue to deal with a volatile market in the months to come.
OSB and Plywood market continue to be undersupplied and volatile. In April, average prices increased 18%. The supply of Resin has had a negative impact on the supply of premium OSB underlayment panels. This rolled over into Plywood underlayment, causing availability issues as well. Demand has remained strong causing manufacturers to stress over their ability to keep up. In the next couple of months, we anticipate that prices will continue to climb and availability challenging as long as demand continues to remain strong.
Click HERE to read an insightful article from Roofing Contractor magazine
Price Increases & Lead Times:
- GAF has announced a 4-6% increase effective June 14th. Supply and color availability continue to be very limited. They have also announced several discontinuations:
- TAMKO – Myers has the full line of 13 colors of TAMKO Heritage shingles in stock and the full line of 6 colors of TAMKO Titan XT in stock.
- WeatherBond has announced up to 35% increase on metal plates, fasteners & metal accessories effective May 3rd. All TPO, EPDM and accessories will increase 5% on May 14th.
- Berger Building Products has announced a 6-8% price increase on all aluminum products, a 10-12% price increase on all steel products and a 10% price increase on all other products effective May 10th.
- Central State Roofing has been experiencing shortages in metal products & extended lead times on some orders. Check with your rep for current lead times.
- Neverleak roof boots has announced a price increase of 6-8% effective May 1st.
Price Increases & Lead Times:
- CertainTeed has announced a price increase of 10% effective on shipments after May 3rd. They have also suspended the availability of some dark colors in their normal offering. Check with your Myers salesperson for clarification on the availability of your color selection.
- All CertainTeed products are on allocation and we are experiencing extended lead times. We are currently out to the week of June 3rd with orders.
- Azek trim/siding has announced a 13-15% increase effective May 1st.
EWP capacity is under supplied in the US. This product line is also impacted by the resin shortage. Our supply partner for LP EWP has retained our normal lead times for these products. Please place orders in advance to secure stock and prevent delivery and project delays.
Price Increases: Steel prices have gone up over 50% recently and many manufacturers of fasteners have experienced extended lead times.
- Simpson Strong-Tie has announced a price increase of 12% effective June 15th.